I used tween through curve and rotate the shapes to create 2D pattern. I remap the tween through and rotation with the same attractor position, and I’m trying to figure out how can I separate them. And the rotation doesn’t seems change a lot.
I was intrigued by the reading 1.3.3 Mathematics & Expressions and developed a 2d patterning based on the reading and class demo. By combining math equation into a 2d graphic, I came up with this spiral rose pattern.
Struggles: I guess because my slider numbers are really big, the animation automatically generated images from smaller radius (circle) to larger radius (circle). These images are not really showing some of the interesting patterns very well. Also GH running very slow.
For this one, I was trying to use TwnThruCrvs example along with random color and rotating box example (used the shapes to create extrusion) trying to explore interesting forms.. However, as I was working, I realized that the file was getting either too big or complex that it was freezing the computer too often to a point that I would not play around it further patience…. I was wondering if there were some unnecessary commands or maybe a better way to do this…
and here is are the commands that I used…
Also I was trying to open up demo file that I got from one of the students and I got this message…… I was wondering if I would fix this.
Question: How can I set the color with gradient instead of color swatch ?
- I made a hexagonal pattern at the beginning of the class and decided to combine it with some techniques that were shown during the lectures. I enjoy the result, but have a technical question how is it actually working since the main component is red??
2. The Rhino preview looks so much better than “view capture to file” :(
Since I had Human plug-in installed it allowed me to customize the lifework preview as well.
Because I combine multiple scripts in one file it generates two drawings at the same time, but I figured out a way to separately control them. One is based on “attractor point example” (above) ad the second one (below) is a more regular version of the grid. Can’t decide which one I like more!
I have 2 questions this week.
- How to get rid of the red color and why there is red color?
- Why I can’t connect the “attractive points” and “evaluate surface” to the “pull point” together? When I try to connect them, Rhino will crash… But I succeeded to connect them before I add “tween through curves”.
1. How do I add color change to this pattern? When I add dispatch, the color of curves changes instead of the surface.
2. If the orginal crv is rotated horizontally (3D rotate), how to create surfaces of the rotated crv in the pattern? (Boundary doesn’t work for this)
- How can I move the whole thing off the (0,0,0) point?
- Why are two of the shape not colored?
- How to control the size or shape of the original curves with grasshopper?
the grasshopper screen shot
I am trying to run the Colibri to generate 50 images, but the results only include the csv file.
Here’s my grasshopper file
Also, I can’t create new projects in Thread. I registered with my pratt email.