This week, instead of just doing a straight partition, this new version has a curved structure, and the rotation of individual units is now following a gradient, creating a wave-like pattern, these features largely increase the multidimensionality of the screen.
For this week, I tried to add other adjustable factors. In this version, odd numbered row and the even numbered row can have different density, but that causes more difficulty in building a structurally workable design and other unexpected problems in dispatch command, so I still need further testing.
It is quite difficult to come up with a structure that is repeatable, that is able to support it self and also unique. Images above are some of my current ideas, but I will love to alter them a little bit to make them more innovative.
I plugged in more different types of input data (it was used to be only 3, now I have 6) to show more variation.
I also did a new gif for the new product family. (the white is because I set the model in Rhino to be transparent if you put a backdrop behind it, it will appear to be okay)
Last but most importantly—The link to Thread:
Since I wasn’t fully satisfied with the variation of my previous design (the leaf-shaped plate), I spent the extra time making another design which is a geometrically patterned lamp cover. I also take this chance to use this model as a test subject to figure out how Colibri, design explorer and thread work.