Screen Development (Katie & Lily)

We attempted the notch the various elements together and they seem to be working fairly well in terms of staying together individually . The main concern now is whether or not the entire screen will be able to stay together should it be on a larger scale. blog.jpg

The screen itself has no visible problems the main problem now will be notching everything together because most of the pieces look very similar.

Project 2 – the Design Process

The idea of this kids’ boundary design is to design a boundary with the diamond shapes. The original idea is to form the boundary by crossing several diagonals lines.

扫描文稿.jpg

step.png

First version                                                                           Revised version

However, in the first version of the boundary, I finally choose Tric as the basic shape to form the whole thing.                                                              C.png

Capture2.jpg

After building the boundary, I change the shape of the panel to diamond. Also, use LOFT demand to change the shape of each piece into the curve.jn.PNG

During the process of making the boundary, I revise my design to a diamond boundary with a change of panel’s size from bottom to top.

Draft

扫描文3w.jpgFireShot Capture 028 - Start to Finish - Pavilion with Grasshopper Rhino and Lumion - YouTub_ - www.youtube.com.png

step10.jpg

Divide the rows and columns on the surface. Then dived the points on these lines. Move the points and make them cross by each. After that, connect the line of these points.

STEP2.jpg  CaS.jpg    d1.PNG             481.PNG

sdd.PNGw.PNG481s.PNG

 

 

 

Project 2 – Design Development (GROUP BERNITA + MICHELLE)

 

Screenshot (1).png
Entire Code (but text is too small to view)

Screenshot (4).png
This part was shown in our earlier post. 

Screenshot (5).png
We isolated the bottom shelf so that we could create a piece that folds for a studier base.

Screenshot (8).png
The side tab now folds for a horizontal/flat piece. As seen here. 

Screenshot (6).png
The side on the very left didn’t have a structural support. This time we isolated it (like we did with the bottom piece shown above), by isolating it we were able to create a vertical support so to increase the success rate of our model actually standing. 

Screenshot (7).png
Here you can see the vertical piece we added in. The vertical piece will continue from the horizontal shelf, so it’s actually a fold on the horizontal piece that creates the folded vertical piece now.